Harddrive partitioning help.

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
Okay, I posted a while back about my harddrive messed up after using partition magic and well i got a recovery program and i backed up all my stuff so it's all good.
But now i need some help.
Well, i reformatted my 160 gb hdd but it says it's only a 130gb, where's the other 30???

I'm in class right now, so i couldnt be to specific or anything, i need to go.

I'll check after school.
Thnx

where did u format it from? partition magic or windows one?... and did u install windows on it to format it?

my friends hard drive did that... but he reformatted it again and it was ok

I used windows xp disc, and i installed windows to format it....
I just got all the stuff back to normal so i dont really want to reformat again. This will do for now, i'll reformat during christmas break and I have more time. :p

wiktorek01 said:
I used windows xp disc, and i installed windows to format it....
I just got all the stuff back to normal so i dont really want to reformat again. This will do for now, i'll reformat during christmas break and I have more time. :p

Don't reformat!
If you reformat, you will still be missing 30 gigs... You need to resize your partition... Or delete the partition and create a new one that uses 100% if your HD

yea, that's what i thought.
Alrite, so how can I fix this? Use partition magic again? Note: partition magic is what got me in this mess the first time...it formatted my hdd to FAT16. lol.

wiktorek01 said:
yea, that's what i thought.
Alrite, so how can I fix this? Use partition magic again? Note: partition magic is what got me in this mess the first time...it formatted my hdd to FAT16. lol.

I recommend Fdisk to delete the partition... But I dunno it can read NTFS

Back
Top Bottom