Hard drive problems?

FullMetal

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I got a Seagate 80 GIG HD and when i formated my bros comp and went to install the winxp the xp disk didnt work, so I took my HD out and put it into his comp and it said , " No Operating System Found " then when I put it back into my computer it wouldnt work... the S.M.A.R.T said it was BAD and I dont know WHY or what happend.. help please

Hmmm...

Sounds like static discharge may have done some damage. But let's hope not.
First thing is to get the seagate diag program. Make the floppy as directed and use it to boot your system. Use this to confirm if there really is a problem. In all my time with computers, I have yet to see SMART makes a false report. Normally if it says it's bad then that's pretty much it.
Let us know what happened please.

You think 1 of the things ont he back broke? where not the power coord connects but the other 1 right the long 1? cause I am looking at both and nthing seems broke but i could be wrong

Oops...

I edited my post fullmetal because I reread the post you made and it just didn't seem to be a cable problem. But you still may want to swap out the cable to be double sure it isn't.

this is weird, but I reinstalled winxp and it works fine now :S, lol :S thanks for the help :D

Back
Top Bottom