Hard Drive Problem

happy_2008

Solid State Member
Some reason my comp will not detect my second hdd?? in fact it will not detect nebodys hdd. When i enter bios all it says is unknown device even if nothing is plugged in that IDE channel????
Anybody know the problem?

happy_2008 said:
Some reason my comp will not detect my second hdd?? in fact it will not detect nebodys hdd. When i enter bios all it says is unknown device even if nothing is plugged in that IDE channel????
Give me a break,will not detect nebodys hdd,e and o are far apart.
Who is Nebody ?
What does that mean ?
Why did you enter the bios ?
I wish people would stop doing this as a quick fix.Then drop by here.
Is this a new HD ?
Lets go from there.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

happy_2008 said:

Am i right in saying its detecting the 1st hd, just not any other hd that is placed in the system?

happy_2008 said:
yeah correct sickness :D wont detect a 2nd hdd some reason :(

The following is still confuseing:
What kind of test is "nothing or nebodys" ?
What bios item says unknown device ? I don't think the bios lists this.
But is this hd area set to auto detect,and have you connected the power cable correctly ?

Bluto what i mean is that when i enter bios and set it to auto detect it will automatically say unknown device when the 2nd hdd is plugged in. When the 2nd hdd is not plugged in it says the same thing???

We tried some of our friends hdd to plug in the same IDE cable but it will not detect the 2nd hdd. Everything is plugged in properly so i dont know the problem

happy_2008 said:
Bluto what i mean is that when i enter bios and set it to auto detect it will automatically say unknown device when the 2nd hdd is plugged in. When the 2nd hdd is not plugged in it says the same thing???

We tried some of our friends hdd to plug in the same IDE cable but it will not detect the 2nd hdd. Everything is plugged in properly so i dont know the problem
Do you have a motherbord book ?
I have made many bios changes,and never received any error message.
This was my decision and then i selected save.this has too be a ide,jumper setting problem,or maybe a bad ide cable,switch cables.
By your friends hdd you mean one with data on it ?
:confused:

jus a normal HDD with data like songs etc. The motherboard doesnt have a book so i dunno what the problem is. It could be some changes in windows???

Back
Top Bottom