Hard Drive not Recognizing??

Windwaker222

In Runtime
It's been a couple of weeks since I've gotten my whole computer together.

The only problem is that I can't install Windows since the motherboard won't recognize a SATA Hard Drive or and ATA HD...

Anyone know any ways that I could possibly fix it.

WD Caviar 40gb ATA
Seagate 120GB S-ATA

and then Chaintech VNF4 Ultra Mobo
AMD 64 3000+ S939 1.8GHZ
1GB Corsair VS Ram (512 x 2)

Hi,

Thats weird, because it must be quite a recent motherboard. I don't know if flashing to a new version would fix this, as teh cables and features for those should already be implemented.

Are you sure your motherboard can support these features?

*KaGe*

i know mine didint recognise my sata HD's until i installed the sata driver disk before installing windows xp..

Odd.... Hmm, try changing the SATA cable to a different connector on another part of the motherboard and see what happens. Also, make sure the jumper on the Drive is set for Cable Select or Master, not slave. GL!

Well it's installing Windows right now...Hopefully nothing goes wrong now!

I'm not even sure what it was. I changed the SATA cable and I gave the HD and the CD-Drive it's own power cable since they were both on a split one.

Then it finally recognized...now I can hopefully get my Doom 3, Painkiller, UT2004, and Half-Life 2 games running

uhh..i think i got a problem...

I'm no pro at cooling but I think 90C for the CPU is a little hot!!! correct me if im wrong

edit : Right now, it's iddling at about 25, i redid the heat sink and so far its working fine! Wow, after almost a month I finally got my computer running stable...God do I hate 1st builds

Back
Top Bottom