hard drive not detected in Windows XP

Stevo1

Beta member
I have 2003 computer with 2.8 ghz 1gb memory 3200 400 OS Windows XP with SP2 original hard drive was seagate ata/100 80gb added a seagate 250gb ata/100 installed it in the slave position both drives jumpered cable select enabled primary slave drive to auto, bios shows the drive. Went to Disk Management no seagate 250gb hard drive just the original 80gb seagate as c drive. Tried every jumper configuration I could think of still always detected in the bios nowhere to be found in windows. Called Seagate tech. he had me jumper the drive as having a drive capacity limitation and it showed up in the bios and he said that was the problem, I don't think so. I am running SP2 with bios ver. A12 I explained this but he still thought it was a bios restriction. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

the drive needs to be formatted before windows can recognize it, get partition magic and format it, and it should show up.

like i said, you can get partition magic, and it will see it. or I'm pretty sure you can format it from within the device manager.

Back
Top Bottom