hard drive help!

Presario_girl

Beta member
hi im new to the forums and new to breaking laptops too so if i ask silly questions forgive....

My story - i have a compaq Presario R3000 Laptop and my hard drive just died : ( im about to buy a new one,but the guy at HP helpdesk said id have to buy a certain make and model and the guy at computer store said anyone would do! so ive come to ask you guys who im sure can provide a definitive answer on this,i know i need a 2.5"(no funny jokes ok!) but will any make model whatever do me?

Well, i dont really know much about laptops, but, id just say, go with what the computer dude says. I mean he gets paied to do that kinda stuff, im sure hes right..

that would be so perfect like the one i was looking at but im afraid of spending my money and then finding out ive blown my allowance on a hard drive that doesnt work!

Now what's up with all the different interfaces? I see ATA5, ATA6, ATA7, then there's the regular ATA100's. Is it like regular desktop hard drives in which they depict transfer rates? If so I wonder if they are backward compatible with each other? Be sure to double check what type of cable is used for your laptop hard drive or controller.

Back
Top Bottom