Hard drive and gfx card failing at the same time

adam8xz

Solid State Member
So i was playing a game today and my computer crashed while loading into a map, after rebooting the boot image was distorted and it failed to boot into windows 8. bios functioned but there was graphical errors, i replaced my gfx card with my integrated graphics and the graphical errors were gone, but windows still failed to boot. i tried booting into windows 7 on my old hard drive and it worked fine, i could browse files on my new hardrive as well and videos seem uncorrupted. is it possible that gfx card failure could corrupt a windows installation, or that a broken harddrive could corrupt a gfx card? is my only option to wipe my harddrive? and can the bios on my graphics card be restored if that is the problem with it?

even if i install the drivers after booting onto my old harddrive?
you see im not even that concerned about losing these parts im just worried that if i get a new graphics card or fix this one and format my hard drive and reinstall windows that i will be missing an underlying cause and it will just happen again.

i cant reinstall the drivers because i cant boot into any OS with the card.

Last edited:
but how could my harddrive/windows installation and gpu fail at the same time? either one caused the other or another part caused both, i want to replace what ever part is causing me these issues.

Back
Top Bottom