Hard Drive Data Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I like to keep stuff backed up which is why I have a RAID1 setup on my server. For some reason one of the disks decides it doesn't like being on a RAID and kicks itself off and erases the data. That's ok, because all the data is on the other drive. I try to rebuild it and it doesn't like that. I checked the disk that did have stuff on it, so I know it had all the data. So I delete the array and create a new one. That was my mistake when I created a new one. That didn't rebuild both, it just acted as if nothing was on either. I delete the array and try to use just the disk that was working only to find that to get it to show up in My Computer I need to convert it using Disk Management, in which case it will format the drive. As if I didn't do enough damage, I don't really want to format it any further... Is there anything I can do to get my stuff back? I tried some software, but most of them are for if the drive shows up as a letter in My Computer, and this doesn't. Honestly, for the most part I think I have most of that stuff backed up on various other computers, but there is some stuff on there I don't have elsewhere because with a RAID1 I wasn't supposed to need to... :( Do I just need to format it to get it working with that software?

I've used R-Studio with great results on formatted drives. It's not free, but not expensive either when you look at the cost of your data like music and songs.

I did some searching and found TestDisk. It seems to be working. It's copying files now. It found the drive and showed me all the files on the drive, so I assume it's working. We shall see when it's done copying.

I've also used GetDataBack with success, even on a formatted drive. Glad you found something that is working for you. Let us know how it turns out.

That was almost a year ago, but Testdisk copied all the files fine. Nothing was lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom