hard drive connection help

damiian_g

Beta member
okay so my hard drives broken in my laptop i have a dell studio 1537, im looking to buy a new hard drive but lookin online ive found a few, im wondering if there is a different connection for each one or if they are all the same because for my dell i know its different than my other toshiba, any help on how i know which connection will fit?

okay so my hard drives broken in my laptop i have a dell studio 1537, im looking to buy a new hard drive but lookin online ive found a few, im wondering if there is a different connection for each one or if they are all the same because for my dell i know its different than my other toshiba, any help on how i know which connection will fit?

You have a "SATA" harddrive in your laptop.

You "should" be able to put in any 2.5 inch sata drive and go.

Just for the point, an ssd will make a HUGE improvement in speed, reduced power requirements and for a bonus, it is not sensitive to being bumped while running, like all mechanical hard drives.

Before you do anything, make sure you have your restore disk(s) or copy the restore partion to your new drive.

Of course, you will need to format the new drive, no matter what kind it is.

You have a "SATA" harddrive in your laptop.

You "should" be able to put in any 2.5 inch sata drive and go.

Just for the point, an ssd will make a HUGE improvement in speed, reduced power requirements and for a bonus, it is not sensitive to being bumped while running, like all mechanical hard drives.

Before you do anything, make sure you have your restore disk(s) or copy the restore partion to your new drive.

Of course, you will need to format the new drive, no matter what kind it is.

thanks, when i bought the laptop dell supplied a disk which has operating system on it and I've re formatted my drive before using that disk so that will be find thank a lot mate.

Back
Top Bottom