Hard Drive cache: noticable difference?

dtrg

Solid State Member
hey im wondering if theres a huge difference between 8 and 16MB cache in a hard drive. theres a sale at staples: maxtor 100GB 8MB Cache Hard Drives for 50 bucks.

what are the differences between an 8mb cache and a 16mb cache? i understand the 16mb cache will be faster. should i grab the 100 gigs for 50 bucks or get a maxtor diamond max 200gig 16mb cache for $86?

100 gigs is a lot nevermind 200.

I'd rather go for the bigger space. Your getting a good deal there too. Your getting a 16mb cache, and also 100GB more, for only $36 extra!!! Go for it :p

Yes, 8MB cache is not that much, you will complain at how slow the files transfer from place to place too

I went from a 16 to an 8 and i noticed, it sucked

Yeah, thoguh I think I'm running on an 8mb cache at the moment, but I probably had less before.

I really do advise for the $36 extra, you basically get double of everything than the other slightly cheaper one. You won't regret it.

Kage said:
Yeah, thoguh I think I'm running on an 8mb cache at the moment, but I probably had less before.

I really do advise for the $36 extra, you basically get double of everything than the other slightly cheaper one. You won't regret it.

yeah thats exactly what im gunna do

Back
Top Bottom