GTX570 Gigabyte nvidia Graphics card - dual 6 Pin connector problem

KevinG1

Baseband Member
I just bought one Gigabyte nvidia GTX 570 graphics card. Seems like I have a small problem...

6.jpg

gb2852gb_04s.JPG

This takes dual 6 pin connectors from power supply to the card and I only have one :( what do i do for the second one?

connector.jpg

I have connected one but not sure how I should connect the second 6 pin connector.

The graphics card also came with two 6 pin connectors
pcie6.jpg
but I don't seem to find space for the other end of the connector (in white, second portion of the image).

What to do?

plug the two white connecters into your power supply and plug the black 6 pin into the video card. They both need to be plugged into the card for it to work.

Yes I know...but for the white connector (see it has two connectors and one 6 pin) I can only plug one of the white connector not the second one because there is no space/no more connectors for me to plug in the white one with the power supply. It only had one for me to put in :(
That's why I am confused..not sure what to do?

In the MODEL: it said ATX 620.
If I get a molex splitter it will work in that case? I mean I am not sure if I would then have space for them?

620 is most likely the wattage. and that should be more than enough. but what do you have plugged in to be using all the 4 pin connectors? how many are there on that power supply?

for the white ones only one..and the actual 6 pin connector one too :( so I am short here..

In the MODEL: it said ATX 620.
If I get a molex splitter it will work in that case? I mean I am not sure if I would then have space for them?

Looks like you have a generic power supply. You should purchase a new one. You don't want to risk your computer frying up.

620 is most likely the wattage. and that should be more than enough. but what do you have plugged in to be using all the 4 pin connectors? how many are there on that power supply?

Wattage isn't everything. He needs a certain amount of amps on the 12v rail. His power supply seems to be generic so I doubt it can supply what the card needs. A new PSU purchase will be needed.

I recommend this Newegg.com - XIGMATEK ACXTNRP-PC602 600W ATX12V Ver.2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Xigmatek makes great power supplies and this won't hurt your wallet too much.

Back
Top Bottom