Gspot Program help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I just got a Program called Gspot and it is free.

What it does is lets you Load any Video File into it and it will tell you all the Specs of that File.

So I Loaded a VOB File from a DVD I own and it told me the
SYS BIT RATE 10080 kbps VRB

Now what I want to knoe is this?
Whenever I go to make a MPEG-2 Video File or Rip a VOB my program allways says MPEG-2 Bit Rate Default 15000 kbps.

Witch is better
10080 kbps or
15000 kbps

I thought it was 15000 kbps so why doesn't DVD use it????

A DVD is limited by the capacity of the disc. The bit rate is set to allow as good a video quality as the capacity of the disc will allow.

If the .VOB file is 10080 kbps, then that is the bit rate you should use when transcoding it to mpeg-2. Keep in mind that the .VOB file is kind of like a package that your DVD player can understand and play. The video is really in MPEG-2 format, but packaged as a .VOB file so a DVD player can play it. You really arn't making a .VOB file into a MPEG-2 file, the video already is MPEG-2 while in a .VOB file, you really just stripping away the .VOB package so that you just have a MPEG-2 file all by itself.

Here is a link with more information:

DVD-Video

This is one thing I never understood and it only happens on my Simpsons DVDs??

When I use DVD Decripter on my Simpsons DVD I can play the VOB File ok that it Decripts.

But the File it make allways Jups or skeeps.

But if I use WinX DVD Ripper to Rip the File into an MPEG-2 File the File it make never skips or Jumps and I can watch the File ok.

DVD Decripter is realy good but not with my Simpsons DVD why???

DVD Decripter is realy good but not with my Simpsons DVD why???

I don't think it has anything to do with DVD decripter, it's the fact that your computer and whatever software you are using to play the .VOB file has to deal with the .VOB file instead of a raw MPEG-2 file. A video in .VOB will require your computer to do a little more to play it than if the same video were in MPEG-2.

I use DVD Decripter on all my DVDs I have to take say one Epasode and I keep them all as VOB Files.

And they all play greate but the ones from the Simpsons DVDs.
????????????????

I just tryed something and I need some help just ujnderstanding it??

I just Opened a VOB File from a Simpsons DVD that I own in a Program called Gspot.

And Gspot tell you all the specs about that Video File and it tells that the Video Bit Rate is 10080 kbps

I get what this is and I understand it.

Now what I need help with understanding is this.

I am going to take ONE TV Simpsons show off my DVD and convert it to MPEG-2 File and keep it on my computer.

The program I am useing is called WinX DVD Ripper
When I Load the DVD and Pick the Chapter I want I go and pick Convert to MPEG-2 and by Default the Video Bit Rate is set to 15000 kbps for MPEG-2 File

Now this is what I don't understand
Gspot told me the Video Bit Rate was 10080 kbps
So what I did was Change the 15000 kbps to 10080 kbps

And when I whent to Rip it a window came up and told me the File can not be converted please check the Peramiters.

So I put the Bit Rate back to 15000 kbps and it Ripped greate.

What I need help understanding is this???
If the DVDs Video Bit Rate is 10080 should I not Match the Bit Rate when I convert it??

Why would it not work when I put the origanle Bit Rate in??

Back
Top Bottom