Green Tint

Irish2284

Baseband Member
I have been having issues since installing a new vid card (MSI GeForce 6600). The problem is it is only some of the time.

The problem : I get a green tint over my screen, smoke looks green, etc.

When it happens: It only happens when running some of my configs and when I am running the game full screen. I have 2 configs that the game runs fine on and when I reset the default settings the game runs fine. When minimized the game runs fine. However the configs I like happen to have this tint which I would like to fix.

Changing the digital vibrance, image sharpening, brightness, contrast, gamma, none of it helped.

What can I do?

For an idea about what I am talking about see the following links.

link 1

link 2

link 3

Also another question, whether in game or out of game my mouse (Logitech MX 1000) randomly skips upward. Any ideas there?

My guess is that the vid card cannot handle your settings the way you want it to. I didn't really see much of what you were talking about in those pics either. Your mouse problem is common. Is it optical? If so is it on anything remotely shiny? If so then use a mouse pad or something dull in color. If it is a track ball mouse then upgrade to optical, it's worth it. Also, there might be something on the flat surface that makes the laser read it to move up like that. Clean the surface and see if that helps. If none of this works then test a different mouse or buy one.

no the mx 1000 is a new laser mouse and should not do that, i'd reinstall the software or try a different surface. it that doesnt help take it back

I wouldn't say its that noticable really in terms of when your playing, but you know you said that the hue changes didn't help?

Maybe theres a way of filtering out a bit of the green, maybe using some kind of saturation setting?

Just a thought :p

When I go into my color correction screen whatever changes I make effect all channels, it doesnt seem to have an effect on the green tint. I dont see a spot to correct the values specifically.

I go into my monitor settings to adjust the rgb hues and it only lets me change the rb not green, wtf

Wierd...usually on video card drviers, they have individual settings too.

Okay in that case, does your monitor have any colour settings? maybe its these that have gone funny, and just to see, run a Degause on the monitor which clears any static that can mess up a picture.

Back
Top Bottom