Graphics problem

frankdur

Solid State Member
Hey internet, So i have this problem where randomly my computer will crash. What happens is the graphics card fan will suddenly speed up to 100% for about 3 seconds, the screens ( I have 2 moniters) will go black and say no input detected, and then about 5 seconds after that, the computer will enter this state of nothing where the computer is running but the keyboard and mouse don't work. I think its my graphics card, but I am not sure, any ideas?
specs:
Machine name: FRED-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: OEM
System Model: OEM
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM
Page File: 2074MB used, 10194MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

So when the computer goes into the state of Nothing, do the screens come back on? How long have you had the card? Is it still under warranty? Can you return it? If you can return the card, great, try to get a replacement and see if that resolves the issue, if that doesn't resolve the issue, try the motherboard next.

To gmcrepair's point, it doesn't sound like a virus but it's very possible that it is. You can always run some system scans just to make sure. Get the latest free version of Comodo Internet Security and MalwareBytes and run those. See what comes up. If nothing, try the above steps.

I have done a virus scan malware scan all the scans, did nothing. The computer does not come out of this state of nothing, it remains in it untill i force shut it down
edit: If I let it remain in its crashed state for awhile, I just have to hit the power button (instead of holding it) to turn it off.

Is the video card still under warranty? What's the wattage on your PSU?

Back
Top Bottom