Graphics Card Performance

Impruv

In Runtime
I had a BFG 6600GT OC and I burnt it (got too hot) so I sent it in for RMA. Before sending it, I remember playing some 2d game getting well over 350 fps. I recieved my card back today and tested the card using that same 2d game. But now I am getting 200 fps and it dips to 120 when alot is happening on screen. The same programs are being run as before; I know I have the latest nvidia drivers...what's happening??

Any ideas?? :confused:

Uuumm..what settings are you running the games at? It will go alot higher on lower settings, maybe 16Bit and a smaller screen resolution?

You said you burnt the card, is that from overclocking? Do you have your new one overclocked? That's probably why, and check your drivers.

You burned your graphics card? I was under the impression it was very difficult to damage your Graphics card from over-clocking - unless you put the core clock way, way past the default value.

The card is factory overclocked. It got burned because it was in a cramped up HP case but now I have switched cases and PSU's and temps are fine now with the new card. But performance is dipping...why? I have the latest driveers.

The game I'm comparing the fps with is on the same settings. I used 1280x1024 before and now with the same settings. It's a 2d game, not much settings to play arround with anyways.

Game=Subspace :p

Not at all cards are IDENTICAL, but I doubt that would make as large of a difference. They could have possibly been pissed at you, so they gave you a bad card ;o)

if thats the case...damnn....oh well; at least i have a working card.
I have much better cooling now so I might as well OC it so I get similar performance as before.

Yea; 6 years and I'm still going at SS on the occasional time....it's weird. It's so addicting yet so simple

Back
Top Bottom