Graphics card!

pcgodintraining

In Runtime
Hey there.

I need to get a mid-range card that will run "Diablo 2", "Myst 3", "Counterstrike" and "Warcraft 3" respectively. I want to get a good motherboard and proccessor so that I can add a better graphics card later.

I hear that the Nvidia, Geforce and ATI radeon are quite good. My computer's range is between about $500-600 Canadian dollars and the system will be used primarily for gaming, online gaming and internet surfing, downloads etc. I know that this is a meager pricerange for a system like this, but I don't need crazy speed right away, I just want to be able to uprgrade it a lot so that I can evetually play games like "H2" and "Doom 3", as I have mentioned in another thread. If I can get a motherboard and proccessor that will be able to handle those games well when paired with good components that would be prefferable over getting a new mthrbrd and proccessor to run said games.

Thanks...

get PCI express slot to plan ahead. I don't know canadian money but try the radeon X800 line or the GeForce 6800 line. And try to make it 256 mb of good ram. The DDRAM3 or something it's called.

he said diablo 2 and wc3 and myst 3..... those games can run on a 50 dollar graphics card with no problem, but with with 500 canadian money you have boy, you can buy a card so you don't have to ever upgrade!

yea, a geforce4 mx4000 ($40 US and that includes S/H) can run all those games more then great

i used to run diablo 2 and CS fine with 30+ FPS with my old tnt2 pro

pcgodintraining said:
Would this Run Diablo 2 and Cs?

dude, trust me. it will run CS and diablo 2 excellently. for those games you probley can't tell the difference between a comp running that and a comp running a 6800 ultra (maybe.. unless you take CS to highest settings with full AA & AF)

Actually, a company that I like is CyberPower. Their AMD AthlonXP configurator starts at $438 USD. Anyway, here is a link.

BTW, regarding the graphics card, I would go with a 6600GT on CyberPower's PCs. If not that, then a 9600XT, but I prefer nVidia.

www.cyberpowersystem.com

Back
Top Bottom