Graphics Card

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Okay, I know that Radeon is a big maker of graphics cards.
Im looking for a graphics card that cost around $175, i'd like to stick AROUND that budget but I can veer from it a little.

The main reason for me getting the new graphics card is for games, I'd like one that wouldn't get outdated in a couple months :p. I'd also like the graphics card to look good while I'm doing my flash, photoshop, fireworks, and dreamweaver work.

Heres my questions:

- What's the newest graphics card Radeon makes, and whats the approximate price?
- What's the best graphics card for my price range (wether it's Radeon or not)?

ok...for one thing, Radeon is made by ATI. The best card to ATI is the x800 series. It depends which one you want to get and the prices will be 400-600 dollars. If I were you, i would save up and get a better card.

Radeon isnt the number one graphics card, that would be Intel's IGP second Nvidia's Geforce and thirdly ATI's Radeon.

But if you are looking for a Budget card that is very fast, the 6600 GT AGP is you best bet for that price range.

ATI has no budget graphics card for the 10 series Radeon.

http://www.buyxg.com/store/item.asp?id=1125

Right now they are a bit overpriced though.

I can get a good deal on a used ATI Radeon X800 SE PCI-Express Graphic Card w/128MB DDR. Or at least i think its a good deal, its $219. As he said above the X800 series is one of the best, is that a good graphics card?

do you have a pci-express motherboard?

The X800 SE isnt something to rave about though.

i have a old computer. it's a gateway eg-4000 , so whatever motherboard comes with that is what I have.

Heres really what I'm looking for, a graphics card that can support Half Life 2 and other games like it. I do not have the minimal requirements for that game lieing around here so if anyone could tell me what graphics card would allow me to run that game and games like it decently i would appreciate it.

will that provide decent gameplay for halflife:2 , counterstrike source, and day of defeat source? also will both of those fit in the motherboard i have in my gateway eg-4000?

and which one out of those two you listed is better?

fairly good, of course it wont be as good as a x800pro or 6800gt but it will certainly be playable.

Youll have to see if your mobo has an AGP slot in it.

anyway i can find that out without taking it apart? i myself won't be installing these parts, but with the help of my very computer intelligent friend.

Back
Top Bottom