Graphic Problems

Josho

Beta member
Hey Guys,

I recently bought a Albatron 7600GT 256MB (the reason I bought a new card was because my old one was failing), after installing this card with the drivers that accompanied the card it wasn't it was playing up. I tested this card in another PC all worked ok (also same computer configuration as mine) but know his 7600GT 256MB is starting to fail also. The symptoms my system is showing are generally that of a faulty video card.

Symptoms include the following:

- Freezing of the system through games: being Battle Field 2, F.E.A.R, Just Cause, CS 1.6
- Also when I run the system through a graphic tester such as 3DMark03 it will also freeze

I have checked the card no damage seems to be upon the card itself also the GPU Temperature is not rising, I have also checked all other system components for over heating as this would be my second judgment as to what it might be, but they all came back fine temperature as far as I can tell, but it does take 15 seconds or so After the system hangs before I can get back the desktop to see the results. I am using PC Probe and the Video's Default Drivers tool bar to view the temperatures.

I have tried your drivers, the newest NVIDIA drivers of their website, off market drivers from external websites, older drivers. I have the latest version of DirectX9c Running, I have tried re-installing my windows, with new and old drivers.

I have no other problems with my system until I start a high graphical process this being a game or program.

My system Configuration:

- Windows XP SP2
- ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Mother Board
- AMD Athlon 64-Bit 3500+ CPU
- NVIDIA 7600GT 256MB
- 2GB RAM
- 200GB HDD
- 120GB HDD
- DVD/CD Burner
- D-Link Wireless PCI Card
- 500W Power Supply

Any help or recommendation to what this problem is caused by, or what might need replacing would be great.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully helping me.

How long have you had the cad? Some cards just die after a while..but yeah..check the ram as mammikoura said. Also..take off cluttered junk off hdd, do a disk defrag

Back
Top Bottom