gpu frequency

ok well both tell me that my gpu freq is at 800 and my mem is at 700 but ati overdrive doesnt allow me to change these,my gpu activity is 0%, and atitool says that windows isn't using my vid card to change my clocks. so is my card not working properly?

I couldn't tell you the first thing about using ATITool. I'm sure the video card is working perfectly. It's more than likely the software. Here's a good read: ATITool Wiki.

could anyone tell me what "The video card you for overclocking in ATItools does not seem to be used by windows" "go to display properties, settings and enable the monitor output for the card" means?

It means the program doesn't think that your GPU is the one that is being used by Windows. To check you can right click on the desktop, select Properties and then on Settings, and under the Display: it should tell you what GPU is being used.

Otherwise, for some reason the GPU wont let you overclock it.

it says default monitor on ATI Radeon HD 2600XT, thus it is being used by windows. so is my gpu just faulty?

should i remove all the drivers and try over again? if so whats the best way to do that?

i don't know about faulty, it depends whether the manufacturer wanted it to be over clocked or not. Do you know who the manufacturer is? and was it a pre-built like a Dell or HP ?

Back
Top Bottom