gotta a question for my dad

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok my step-dad was asking me about his computer and it made me think, i still havent really looked into as much and was wondering if i could get your guys help. ok my parents have a 512mb ram and he was wanting to upgrade it some and asked me if he just has to buy it and install it or does he have to reprogram the computer some. any help will be well appericated

It depends what RAM he has in it now. You can't just buy some, because it'll need to be of a certain speed to support the motherboard.
If you find out what make, and speed it is, it'd probably be best to buy at least the same speed, if not make too for stability :)

It may very well be written on the RAM chip itself.

yeah i know that im going to have to find the same specs for it but as for putting it in would i have to reconfigure any of the settings on it or would it automatically update itself.

if get a RAM as kage described, you just pop it in and it should work with no problem.

ok well thanks, can anyone verify that, that is absolutly going to work that way, if it is then i will tell him and get all the specs i need and help him get some better ram on his computer

ok thanks man. i may end up upgrading my laptop of i might just sell it i still havent decided. i think ill sell my laptop after i build my computer and go and buy an alienware laptop

Get hold of CPU-Z program, and run it. That will tell ya the type of RAM you need. Or ya could goto crucials website and enter your computers details in there and it will tell you what RAM you need. Then once you have it, just swap it over for your new RAM, and your done.

well what i think i might do is just swap out his 512MB ram and sell it on ebay then get a 1GB ram and replace it.

Back
Top Bottom