Good Rig?

winslow33

Daemon Poster
Ok, so I havnt built my own GOOD machine since '98... I'm a little rusty on the hardware department. My budget is as cheap as possible, havnt really a set ammout.
My requirements are:

-Something that can run GTA 4 for PC
-Hopefully 64-bit incase I want 4+GB of RAM in the future
-Uncle Torrence will be watching a lot of movies and music ;)

Thats about all I can think of at the moment; I got an estimate of one and they thought no less than $600... Think I can do it for cheaper?

$600 is probably a good point to aim for as long as the monitor and stuff isn't included in the price. You don't want to skimp on quality too much, nor do you want to go for stuff that was new 2 years ago that is cheap now because they are trying to get rid of stock.

Any new computer you can get now is going to be 64-bit capable. Whether you decide to put a 32 or 64 bit OS on it is your deal, but a 32 bit OS isn't going to be any cheaper so it wouldn't make much sense not to go 64 bit.

I really have too much of a headache to look into parts right now, but last time I priced a budget gaming system, it came out around $600. You can do it for cheaper if you wish to skimp on quality, which is not something I would ever do on my own system.

You may not be able to do it with $600!! GTA 4 is a friggin beast... I tried to run it once on my system with a quad core + 6GB Ram + ATI HD 4850 and it was horribly choppy, of course I was running it on high :D Wasn't interested in lowering the graphics all that much as I wasn't really that interested in the game in the first place. Someone suggested I try it out to see how it would run and I was not happy, made my computer feel crappy... which by today's standards it probably is :''(

Thank you! ^^

I see I could ditch the case, OS, and dvd burner as I already have those, that would make it alot cheaper. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom