Good Math Programs ?

WindowsXP

In Runtime
I need a good math program. One that will handle Algebra 1 + Algebra 2 + Geometry without being an overkill.
I mean If I just need to do Algebra then I don't see the point of buying a $300program that does all of the above plus statistics.
So what are some good ones ?

For Geo, I highly recommend Sketchpad. It is really great and I used it almost daily when learning Geo. Not too sure about Alg 1 and 2 though.

Do you have a graphing calculator?? You can get all kinds of useful programs for graphing calculators. This site has a lot:
http://www.ticalc.org/

I sorta kinda cheated on a math test once when the teacher didn't clear our calculators, haha. I had a program that did everything with trinomials, factoring, roots, etc.

No I don't have a graphing calculator sadly. I wanted to get a TI-89 at Wal-Mart the other day but I heard you had to take a course to learn how to use it LOL. So I passed.

Oh, never mind then. At least at our school it's required to have one for 10th grade math on up, so I just assumed.

It is a great tool, the Graphing Calculator, but there is always the chance that you become too dependent on it and you forget the actual way of doing problems, and graphing equations. I use one when I have to do complicated operations and matrices, but I usually stick to a scientific calc.

Back
Top Bottom