Good gaming processor

grubba

Beta member
Hey im looking at upgrading my processor to run games better but im not sure how much i should spend or if i should upgrade my motherboard. My motherboard only supports AGP graphics cards and DDR RAM and im pretty sure its got a 775 socket for processors. My current set up is a intel P4 2.8 7600GS Nvidea and 1.5 GB RAM. Im looking at buying a intel Core 2 Duo E6420 and just wondering if it would be worth spending a little more money or a little less and if my motherboard will outdate soon ?

Thanks in advance.

u could work with that
get a core 2 duo
(make sure u no what fsb your mother bored supports)
upgrade your ram to 2g
and a better gpu
(ati x1950) agp

an E6600 is the best bang for your buck on the Core 2 line. If you can spend the little extra money for it, go for it.

Do you know if you motherboard supports the Core 2?

Yeah the e6750 worked out a lot cheaper, got mine today, great cpu, overclocked easily to 3.5, i think it worked out £40 cheaper than the e6700 thats bout $80.

Yer the E6750 is the same price as the E6420 ($250) AUS, Is tht too much ?? and what one should i get ?

Also i got no idea what a fsb is could someone explain ??

Get the E6750. You get higher FSB and a higher multiplier which makes overclocking easier since you won't hit a wall on the motherboard as soon as a CPU with a lower multiplier.

Yer sorry didnt really get all tht im very computer dumb. Which one would do better for gaming ?

Back
Top Bottom