Good cooler?

rocketman25

Baseband Member
Hay dose any one know a good cpu air cooler for a intel 1150 cpu. I saw a Enermax ETS-T40-TA which seemed great but I wanted to know if there is ones that do a better job . ALSo can you change the fan on it. Also price is of no concern just performance. But still try to keep it low. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

Have you ever considered running a water system on it?

This seems to be consistently reviewed well by owners, is in the same price range of your current selection, and it will keep the chip cooler than an air setup.

Have you considered a peltier thermoelectric plate? I recently found a place that sells modules that will work with a 12 volt source, which means that you could hook it up to the 12 volt output of your computer's power supply. I just bought one that is a bit extreme and draws 5 amps. I'm sure there are others that draw less current.

Anyway. here's a link to the place where I bought mine.

Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module - 12V 5A ID: 1330 - $11.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

One of these will most likely give you the cooling that you need.

Have you ever considered running a water system on it?

This seems to be consistently reviewed well by owners, is in the same price range of your current selection, and it will keep the chip cooler than an air setup.

No offense, but I wouldn't automatically head in that direction without knowing his usage. If he'll never utilize a WC, no sense in spending the extra money. I'll ask him below what his plans are.

Have you considered a peltier thermoelectric plate? I recently found a place that sells modules that will work with a 12 volt source, which means that you could hook it up to the 12 volt output of your computer's power supply. I just bought one that is a bit extreme and draws 5 amps. I'm sure there are others that draw less current.

Anyway. here's a link to the place where I bought mine.

Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module - 12V 5A ID: 1330 - $11.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

One of these will most likely give you the cooling that you need.

This looks like a pretty gaping single point of failure waiting to happen. The only time I've heard of people using these on a CPU would be using a custom WC loop/setup because overtime, that is going to overheat the entire peltier cooler as the cold side heats up. Normal air/fan cooling likely won't keep the hot side from encroaching on the cold side. Plus, if that fails, you're looking at a heat BLANKET, not a heat dissipater. If it fails, your CPU is going to overheat very quickly, whereas with traditional HSF cooling, if your fan fails, you're still going to be dissipating heat via the heat sink itself.

Hay dose any one know a good cpu air cooler for a intel 1150 cpu. I saw a Enermax ETS-T40-TA which seemed great but I wanted to know if there is ones that do a better job . ALSo can you change the fan on it. Also price is of no concern just performance. But still try to keep it low. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

Since it hasn't been asked, what will you be doing with the computer? Do you plan on overclocking? Does it have to be very quiet? If you're looking for just a great, general use HSF, go with a quality product from Xigmatek, such as this. I've used 10+ of their cooling products over the years and love the build quality, aesthetics, and performance for your buck.

Thanks it is a LAN computer so I am trying to stay away from water cooling. But your suggestions are awesome and I appreciate them.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

And I might over clock it to 4 ghz but nothing more and it is for serious gaming.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

And it dose not have to be quiet it can scream but as long as it keeps it cool all is ok.

In your PM, you suggested getting this fan.

Honestly, I think it's overkill, and without a dedicated fan controller, I would never risk my motherboard by running those direct to the PWM connects on the MB. They run at 0.8A, which is a lot for a cooling fan. You run the risk of frying your PWM headers on your MB, and potentially your MB completely--I've actually seen it happen.

The other thing you need to remember is that high CFM =/= (does not equal) good static pressure.

That Delta fan above is designed to be a case fan (i.e. move a relatively large amount of air, but with no restrictions. Whereas, a CPU cooling fan for a HSF is designed to have higher static pressure (more less air, but more "forcefully" through confined spaces, such as the heat sink fins).

I would suggest two of these Cougars in a push/pull configuration with the cooler I already linked about. Longer life, quieter (do you really want your LAN buddies to hate you?...lol!), and relatively low risk plugging them in straight to the MB.

Back
Top Bottom