Is this a good 22” Monitor for my Brother?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

My 16 year old brother has been asking me for month now to get him a new monitor. Since the little devil doesn't have a job and I'm the older brother and all I decided to make the guy happy. :) His main use for this monitor will be playing WoW. I looked up few monitors on newegg and I think I found a nice one for a very reasonable price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009145 I really don't want to spend more then $200, but on the same side I don't want to get some garbage monitor… So what you guys think? Is this a good deal? Out of 1100 reviews, 80% of the people rated this monitor 5/5 & it has a “1x Winner of Customer Choice Award - LCD Monitors” I think any upgrade from his mad old 17” monitor will be great! Especially a wide screen :)

Thanks

I've used Acer Monitors in the past and theyre pretty good.

For that price, I'd get it, definitely..

What video card does he have? If it's a crap video card, then 22 might be too big, but then again WoW doesn't take much to run..

I think I gave him an 800GT for his bday like a year ago... kind of forgot now lol, but ya i think its 8800gt.

I absolutely HATE Acer desktop and laptop computers, but I have no clue how to judge their monitors since I've never purchased or seen one. However, my rule of thumb is Samsung or LG...if you are looking for quality. But hey, it's your money and you won't be using the monitor ;).

Re: Is this a good 22” Monitor for my Brother?

I like it, works really well just kinda bright at first but you have to tone that down.
The stand is kinda weak, so don't put the monitor on a desk not stable.
I've been thinking of taping down my stand just for the peace of mind because even hitting my desk in the least bit makes it kinda shake.

I couldn't leave you hanging with barely no advice,

I just went on newegg and if I was buying a monitor, these are the ones I'd be deciding between:
Asus
Asus
Hanns-G
And my two personal favorites (since I've purchased both of them for customers and they looked outstanding)
Samsung
Samsung

It just all depends on your price/quality ratio...if you don't have a lot to spend, then use your noggin. Also, if I were in that situation, I would purchase a high quality 19" if I didn't have the money for a HQ 22"...in fact, that's recently what I did for my parents.

I couldn't leave you hanging with barely no advice,

I just went on newegg and if I was buying a monitor, these are the ones I'd be deciding between:
Asus
Asus
Hanns-G
And my two personal favorites (since I've purchased both of them for customers and they looked outstanding)
Samsung
Samsung

It just all depends on your price/quality ratio...if you don't have a lot to spend, then use your noggin. Also, if I were in that situation, I would purchase a high quality 19" if I didn't have the money for a HQ 22"...in fact, that's recently what I did for my parents.

Thanks for the links bro, defenatelly something to think about.

I'm really tempted toward the 2nd choice, 2ms and HDMI might be something worth paying extra for. The 4th & 5th are good monitors but I think might be a bit 2 much for what I had in mind... but then again these are not for me and I don't think he will be able to tell the difference between all 5 lol.

I think I gave him an 800GT for his bday like a year ago... kind of forgot now lol, but ya i think its 8800gt.

If you're on a budget, go with the one you picked out, if not ..go w/ one of the ones 'dude' picked out.

Thanks for the links bro, defenatelly something to think about.

I don't think he will be able to tell the difference between all 5 lol.

You are welcome, and yes--he probably won't be able to tell the difference.

If you're on a budget, go with the one you picked out, if not ..go w/ one of the ones 'dude' picked out.

Indeed. If you are trying to meet a budget, that Acer won't be the highest quality, but it'll most definitely work for you.

Zac

Comparing the Acer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009145 and the asus http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236051 aside from 2ms and hdmi port are there any other major differences? There is a $50 difference in price, just wondering if the asus is worth it... ?

In my opinion I don't think he will see a difference between the 2ms and the 5ms and I'm also not sure if he will use the HDMI port... Maybe only for his PS3, but he has a TV right next to him for that...

What do u guys suggest?

Is the Samsung that much better? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001268 If it is I might get the parents involved to help with the purchase then :)

Back
Top Bottom