gfx card idle temp issue

hiImBrandon

Baseband Member
Hey I was just wondering what I should do in this situation. My current gfx card is Radeon 1900XTX awhile ago I was having its idle temp around 45 degrees (mainly because my basement is very cold) but now its around 62 idle and that bothers me because I'm scared to run higher end games and overheat my system. I *think I noticed when I startup my system fan makes a weird noise but eventually goes away, is it time to purchase a new system fan, should I clean out my gfx card fan, do I need another fan? I don't what to do here so help me out please.

**Just an update if ne one cares lol... I opened the back of my case and out a house fan behind it and now its at a regular 46 so im happy except for the annoying noise w3rd**

GPUs can take a lot more heat than CPUs and yours is not overheating. Download Rivatuner and check at what speed your fan is spinning.

yea my gpu fan is running fine, is there ne way i can c what my system fan is running, because i think thats what the problem is

I mean, you should perhaps increase the speed of your GPU's fan. You can old monitor the speed of your system fans if they are plugged into 3pin connectors on the motherboard. Then use an app such as Speedfan.

yea, i just looked at it and it says its not even running so i think ill jus buy a new system fan. Do u got any suggestions on sum good ones?

wait are u talking about your CPU fan or your GPU fan, cuz if your CPU fan is aat zero then thats not good

idle temps are nothing to worry about. Check the temps under load, that's what matters.

Also, cleaning the gpu fan will definitely help. Might aswell clean the whole computer while you are at it.

Back
Top Bottom