Getting ready to build - parts picked

you really dont need a PCI blower fan. Its a waste of money. Instead, use the money to get a aftermarket heatsink like the Zalman Vf-700.

Agreed. The x-fi is so advanced that there is a difference (for headphones) when you are looking up or looking down in a game.

everything looks fine but stick with the DFI board cause yes the fatality is nice but expensive as hell and the DFI can overclock like crazy im actually thinking of getting one myself and as for the asus boards well i have one now and i really think its terrible at overclocking because of its limited voltage to the cpu (1.55v) whereas the DFI board goes over 2v

Why does the x-fi have less outputs then the audigy 2? And what is the other port for on the x-fi? Both cards are 7.1 correct?

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. On my Audigy2 ZS, I have like 6 ports. In reality, you only need 3 holes. A 5.1 speaker setup will use the black, green, and orange ports while the 4th hole is for the microphone jack.

Well I am sure some one knows the answer... maybe I will have to do a bit more research. And I am also looking at monitors now.. How is that viewsonic monitor you got TRDCorolla?

I have to tell you that if you want to get that X-Fi or any other high end soundcard, get a 5.1 surround speakers to go with it. Otherwise, it's a huge waste of money. If you don't planning on getting any speakers, but use a simple 2-channel speaker setup, than get a basic Audigy2 card and save:

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value SB0400 8 (7.1) Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102175

It's still a nice sound card.

The monitor is working great. No complaints, even if you try to squeeze on out of me. I just can't seem to find anything wrong with it. It's super bright even when looking at it from the side. No ghosting, vibrant colors, and it handles every game I throw at it. The price gone down for that particular monitor so if you plan on getting it, you're getting a good deal now.

Ahh just one problem tho regarding that the viewsonic vx922... no site in canada carries it atm. worst case... ill get a samsung. and i plan on getting 5.1 speakers... that was actually my next question... I would get the logitech z 5500... but what am I gonna do with all that power? I am not too sure on that set yet.. but I was looking at the z5300e's and the x530. So far I am liking the z5300. The 5500 looks sweet but I am afraid it will be wayy too much power for me. I've read that the subwoofer can screw up hard drives and other electronics if its not kept at least 2 feet away. Oh and the dfi board I am probably going to get comes with a 7.1 onboard sound card. Not sure how good it is tho.

Back
Top Bottom