Getting a new computer after just 7 months..

lsutigers1

Beta member
Hey guys, I purchased a pc from cyberpowerpc about 7 months ago (biggest mistake ever). Anyway, long story short, this computer already killed one hard drive and the new one I'm using is already starting to give me problems. I get this annoying "a disk read error occrued press ctrl + alt + dlt to restart" on starup. It's an endless cycle unless I format the drive and reinstall windows.

I don't want to have to deal with with cyberpowerpc anyone so I figured I would just buy a new system. After a few weeks of thinking I've decided to get a dell. I have owned 2 dells and have never had the problems I am having with this PC. Most of the probs on the dell were easily fixed.

Before I buy the new PC, I just wanted some info from you guys. I'm probably gonna end up getting a Studio XPS with the stadard ATI Radeon HD 3450 256MB video card; but I was wondering would replacing that with my ATI Radeon HD 4870 be easy? By that I mean will a.) the power supply on the dell have enough power to run it, and b.) will the card be able to fit into the same slot?

And my last question right for right now, is the intel core i7-920 better than intel duo core e8600 (3.33 gHz) that I have on my current pc?

Thanks

Why don't you contact the drive manufacturer to see if you can get the drive replaced under warranty. I wouldn't blame Cyberpower for a hard drive failure. They happen all the time.

You'll need to find out what PSU is in the Dell. Depending on the model, your 4870 may work.

Yes, the Core i7 is better than your E8600.

I bought a new drive. The old one died and this one (brand spankin new) is starting to get errors the old one was getting before it died. Like I said before, this PC is a hard drive killer. I want an entire new pc.

Did you ever contact Cyberpower support?

I didn't bother. I had enough trouble dealing with them when they sent me a system with a DoA video card. I posted on their forums about this problem but didn't get a response from a worker there. So I thought, screw it, and just bought a new hard drive when the old one died.

Alright, let's say the XPS has a 360w psu. Is that enough to supply the ati radeon 4870, or would I have to end up getting a new psu? I'm guessing it's going to be the latter though.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom