Get vista cheaper by buying XP now? Total cost for both less than Vista?

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I stumbled accross this in a different thread, but I need youguys opinion on this. At newegg when you buy Windows XP at newegg you get a free upgrade to Vista, just shipping charges. So if I buy XP media center now for $110 I get a free upgrade to Vista Home Premium. Doesnt make sence because Home premium alone was supposed to be $160 for the upgrade. So if I buy XP media now I get Vista and XP for less than the price of Vista. Should I do it?

Im not sure if this applies to you with you being in the states, but there is an article in pcpro about something similar in the UK. Basically the companies who are giving out the upgrades in the UK can charge whatever they want for their shipping and handling charges. It seems to vary loads from company to company. So it might not work out as cheap as you think.

^^dell are charging just £11 for p&P but yeah some companies are charging like £40 for shipping so its a rip off

muz379 said:
^^dell are charging just £11 for p&P but yeah some companies are charging like £40 for shipping so its a rip off
I think its a piss take TBH. People need to check the small print before they jump in.

yeah i agree but cos they arent told how much to charge for P&P some companies are taking the piss and others are being fair enough

Back
Top Bottom