GeForce 8800 GTX review

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
This is actually MSI's line of 8800 GTX, but it's all good. It also inculdes benchmarks too. Very impressive...

http://www.techspot.com/review/32-msi-geforce-8800gtx/

3Dmark2006.png

HL2.png

Quake4.png

Image_09.jpg

Nvidia is now coming out with what can only be considered "weapon grade" silicon with their latest and greatest G80 GPU (GeForce 8800). Currently the G80 is available in two flavors, both of which are capable of blowing any existing competitor out of the water (drool).

In fact, that could well be considered an understatement as we have already seen SLI 7900GTXs and CrossFire X1950XTX cards being defeated by a single GeForce 8800 graphics card. The GeForce 8800 GTX is the cream of the crop, featuring 768MB of onboard GDDR3 memory operating at 1.8GHz with a core clock frequency of 575MHz. And while all this sounds fairly average of high end graphics card (the large memory capacity, high memory and core frequencies), the G80 architecture is just too damn sweet. Oh, the price. Around $650...

I want one so bad, but my Core 2 upgrade takes priority. My 6800GS will just have to do.

cant wait to see what ATI has to offer against this! If i were to buy one of these puppies do you think I would need to upgrade my CPU/Ram or mobo as to avoid any bottle necks?

You would probably be fine, but didn't overclocked Core 2's bottleneck these card?

Yes, I feel you should be ok too. The G80 has been in the works for like 4 years already, but they are available now and they are hot. DX10 support, unified shader architecture, and GigaThread technology works in conjunction with its new shader processor array to enable processing of geometry and even physics on the GPU.

In the image quality department, we see some new tweaks like 128-bit HDR, 16x AA even on a single GPU, new AA techniques, while others like the ability to use HDR and AA at the same time are seen as playing catch up with its competitor. Ok, half of those I have no clue what they mean--but don't they sound good? Lol, like Jessica Simpson in that Direct TV commercial.

TRDCorolla said:
Yes, I feel you should be ok too. The G80 has been in the works for like 4 years already, but they are available now and they are hot. DX10 support, unified shader architecture, and GigaThread technology works in conjunction with its new shader processor array to enable processing of geometry and even physics on the GPU.

In the image quality department, we see some new tweaks like 128-bit HDR, 16x AA even on a single GPU, new AA techniques, while others like the ability to use HDR and AA at the same time are seen as playing catch up with its competitor. Ok, half of those I have no clue what they mean--but don't they sound good? Lol, like Jessica Simpson in that Direct TV commercial.

Not to mention it looks cool lol. I like how it exhausts hot air out the back of the case, instead of putting the heat back inside the case.

I kiss my computer good night everynight!! lol, these cards are amazing, thats it, amazing nothing else. They are sweet.

I have the similar setup now with the exhaust blowers. My 7800GT doesn't take up two slots like the 8800 GTX due to the massive cooling, but what I did that is similar was installing a PCI exhaust blower and stuck it right underneath my video card. You can feel how hot it gets when I start playing games. Works wonders.

Back
Top Bottom