Gaming system?

abowlofrice

Daemon Poster
seems like everything u have is for gaming.....EXCEPT UR CPU!! INTEL!?!?! if u ever get anything higher than a geforce 6600, u should have AMD

All it is benchmarks. Intel's do good in gaming and in multitasking. Thanks overall, a nice CPU.

Here is what I was thinking as my base system.

Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Intel Edition P4/ Pentium Processor Extreme Edition/ Pentium D 1066FSB LGA775 DDR ATX Motherboard

Intel® Pentium® D Processor 930 3.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 775, 2x2MB Cache

XFX PVT70FUN Geforce 7800 GTX PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card w/HDTV-Out, Dual DVI & VIVO (I will be getting two cards)

Coolermaster CAC-T05-UW Centurion 5 Mid Tower Case

Coolmax CXI-600B 600W Silent Fan Power Supply w/120mm Silent Fan
nVidia certified SLI compatible.

Windows XP Pro, 32 or 64 bit? I have both right now, but I've only use 64-bit on my server to date.

what do you think so far? should I go with something else? DIff. video cards, processor or motherboard. Like all my other systems I built, it will be overclocked. So should I stay with fans or move over to liquid cooling?

Thanks for any info,
Bill

ok NEVER GET THAT CPU IF U WANT TO GAME, now thats been said get a DFI motherboard and a dual core amd like the 4200+, and what about ram? ide get 2x1gb of some OCZ and ive heard bad things about XFX graphics cards so ide get 2 evga ones instead

As far as ram, i already have some ddr2 corsairs picked out. min of 2 gigs, xfx cards I have never run into any problems with them yet i do like BFG cards better. but i'm getting a good deal from my friend for both cards. AMDs aren't my first pick, i like running intels so which intel would you suggest? I would like a dual core or at least an EE cpu. I have nothing against amd I do run my server on a amd 64.

u shouldnt even be thinking of intel if u want a gaming computer, its been proven countless times that amd completely owns intel in gaming and the dual core amds have always performed better than the dual core intels

Just search the web... benchmarks don't lie.
if you want a gaming system that will bring out the power of the video cards you will be using, I highly recommend you get an AMD64X2 class processor, that intel cpu will just leave you with a bottle neck that will show like a sore thumb later down the road.

no no no no!! stay away form the intel, seriously these lot know what they are talking about.

Seriously Amd 64 or amd X2....you want to feel bad about spending money on ddr2...useless motherboard and a cpu that will bottleneck word your on the right track

Back
Top Bottom