Gaming/School Computer

crobattt

Solid State Member
I need some help deciding on what computer to buy for myself. I hope you guys don't get mad at me, but I do not know much about computers. I currently have a MacBook Pro which I've used for school this last semester. While I was on Christmas break my cousin spilled a cup of hot chocolate right on the keyboard and as you can guess, it seeped in. I was told by the staff at the apple store that the laptop could last for one week or one year, but I probably should be looking for something new.

Well, I have a question, should I get another MacBook pro, or go to a windows computer.

I love my mac, there is no question. I don't have to wait for a startup, it's fast, and over the last 4 years I have not had a single problem. Windows, it is the opposite. I always have problems with them, They start out fast, but 6 months later, they're slow.

The only thing, a lot of the things I do are much easier on a windows system. So my question is what should I be looking for?

if apple what

is a windows system what?

Excuse my ignorance.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

I was looking at alienware, but my friends say they're just overhyped dells.

Your friend is right.

What are you looking to do on the computer? Do you want another laptop or are you considering a desktop? How much are you willing to spend?

Also, water damage is noticed very quickly. There is no such thing as a laptop getting wet then giving up the ghost a week or year later. Usually, if someone spills a liquid on a laptop, the carnage is instantaneous.

Macs are simply overpriced- build your own pc and you will learn more (brownie points for school) if you need specs please just ask. And what is your budget

When I say I know nothing about building computers, I literally mean that. If I were to do something wrong I could lose a lot of things for this upcoming semester, and I really don't want to have to pay to fail classes. Should I just be looking for something that's already together?

My budget is anywhere for 0-about 1100

HP's G7 line is a great deal. Might want to see about getting W7 installed. W8 is pretty much as nasty as ME was. Newegg always has killer deals on lappy's but if you shop carefully at local office supply places you can snarf up a good deal.
Wally World never ceases to amaze me with some of the deals they have on HP and other major name brand lappys. At either place check the Sunday paper for package deals on lappy and printers. Going to school it never hurts to have your own printer.

I have a printer, so I'm just looking for a laptop. I'm looking for something powerful, with good graphics. Like I said, I will be using this for school, but even more so, gaming

Skyrim, COD, and shall I say minecraft haha?

It would need to be mobile for notes and classes.

I'm thinking of buying a laptop for school and minecraft and more simple games, but with still a good bit of power, then buying a desktop for power gaming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom