Gaming Computer.

Poleaxed

Beta member
Hi guys,

I'm new to here, so first of all, nice to meet you all ! :flowers:

You've probably had a million already, and i imagine you'll get another million, but i have a question about building a gaming pc !

My (little) cousin has got onto the gaming scene, so as a gesture of good christmas cheer, we are all plugging in together to buy him a decent pc to play them on !

He's currently fixated on guild wars 2 and it's like, and i was just wondering, would we get a decent one that won't 'lag' etc on him ?

We are looking to spend 400-550, and would it be best to build or buy ?

And last but not least, if anyone has any suggestions / pre built pcs i could look at, that would be supreme !

Thanks again,

Take care !

Dan.

With that budget it might be better to upgrade the system he already has. Can you get us the specs so we can help you?

Hi OS-Wiz !

To be honest, the pc he is playing on at the moment is just a store bought one from a few years ago, we considered upgrading, but we were advised against it considerably !

I was under the impression the top end of my budget could bring home a decent (ish) one, it seems i may have been wrong ! :(

Appreciate any advice / direction you could point me in :)

Cheers,

I'm not saying you got bad advice, but in gaming, its the video card that's most important. If I knew brand and model we might be able to just upgrade the video card.

A decent video card for gaming is going to cost between 100 - $200; that takes a pretty big bite out of your budget.

We are looking to spend 400-550, and would it be best to build or buy ? With that budget buying a Dell or other with a separate video card would be best.

Back
Top Bottom