game screen resolution

oh and by the way, this problem has only occured since i got my new monitor a few weeks ago, my old one was a 15" phillips one. if i go into properties it just says it is a plug and play on radeon 9600pro, whereas my old one used to say the actual model etc...hope this is of some help

Some monitors that are not specifically designed for the PC (this is one). Have problems with certain frequencies. 800x600 being the one that most monitors have trouble with.

In the control panel of your video card, see if you can set the frequency of the different resolutions manually. If not, I'm afraid your stuck with making the games work in a different res.

erm i have just noticed on the properties (right click desktop->properties->settings->advanced->monitor->properties->driver->driver details) that it says 'that no drivers have been loaded'. do you think that maybe this could be the problem, although i cannot find drivers for it anywhere...or do i just give up?

mattakadotty said:
My native screen resolution is 1200 x 1024 on a 20" CRT monitor and whenever i install a new game, when i come to play it, it doesnt actually fit on the screen as it is too large (the game). I need to go into options (which isnt always displayed - so a little bit of guess work is needed)nd change the resolution to something else (usually 1024 x 768), it doesnt matter what resolution i choose but it fixes the problem. However on Syberia 2 u cannot change the resolution (as it is pre-rendered). I was wondering if anybody knows how to fix the problem entirley as there is no way to adjust the settings for Syberia 2...
thanx in advance
matt
Before i read all the answers,Too large ? I could beleive too small !
Did you tell the game what setting you want to use ? Does it have a choice of 1200 x 1024 ? It's best to play a game at the same setting as your desktop if it supports it.It won't change it only use it.

So you need monitor drivers, have you tried www.driverguide.com username: drivers password: all?

Or the manufacturers website(s). I recommend you take back the monitor if it didn't come with drivers? Or alternatively try and install it as a plug and play monitor.

it is installed as a plug n play monitor, you cannot change the resolution of this game ever nor can u play in a window and this is part of the problem - yes i kno it sounds silly that 800*600 is too LARGE for my monitor, but it really is. it isnt shown in a screenshot tho so theres is no way of me showing you.
yes i have tried both the manufactures website and driversguide aswell to no avail - the problem is only with 800*600 so ill probly just do without playing it, or go get my 15" monitor from the attic lol...thanx newayz guys

Back
Top Bottom