Game playing problems

jamaicanbob

Baseband Member
I'm visiting my mom's for Christmas, and she is having problems playing even the RealArcade games. This one game in particular is jsut a space shooter game, but has very fuzzy graphics. The monsters drop little rotating orbs but show up as a fuzzy box on her puter. She has a Presario 6000 which still runs nice. It has NVidia integrated graphics, I think 32MB and also I'm pretty sure the brown slot I see is an AGP slot. Is the problem that she needs a better video card?

I tried updating ActiveX and her video display drivers which did nothing. I was just surprised that it wouldn't even run a RealArcade game! Anyway, what card do I need to get her for it to work? She isn't going to be playing any games that have a cd or anything, she just likes the realarcade stuff. I want to get the cheapest one I can but only cheap enough to have her games run nice. Thanks for the help!

I know from playing that the things falling are supposed to be rotating orbs, but her computer displays them as just a falling fuzzy square.

Have you got the latest direct x installed? What happens if ya turn the resolution to 1024x768. Are ya cables in properly? Can ya goto a command prompt and type dxdiag and see if it passes the test

Just thinking aswell, how old is the game? and what is the recommended screen resolution of the game?

The game was made in '05, and both screen settings did nothing. It works fine on my sister's computer in the same room, but her's is new and nicer. It has NVidia 6150 LE integrated graphics which must be better than what she has.

If you try all Raffaz suggestions first,

I would go to walmart and pickup a lowend 64MB or128Mb Videocard.

They can be had for Cheap.

Make sure you get it for the correct slot though.

Back
Top Bottom