g90's specs

X1337

Fully Optimized
Futuremark forums said:
leak of g90's specs. To be named the 9800GTX,

G90 specs

* 55nm Architecture
* Native Support for Dual-core Alternative Cards (Dual-Core G90)
* Over 1 Ghz Core Speed
* 64 Unified Shader Units
* GDDR4 XDR2 @ over 2Ghz
* Quad SLI Support
* May have a dedicated PPU on Board
* Predicted 3DMark06 Score for a Single Core G90 (based on a 4800+ X2): 14000 - 16000

Release Date: Expected Mid 2007

what do you think?

It may be ovekill now, but when newer games start coming out it will need that to run them...

Yea, I heard it was DX10 card. Who cares about that "55nm Architecture" think about overclock this BOTCH with stock voltage :eek:

hascet said:
It may be ovekill now, but when newer games start coming out it will need that to run them...
I've seen DX10 games. Thy are a lot more realistic than the DX9 interface, so I know how requiring the game will be. One time, you will need a GPU that will have to handle games that are exactly the same graphics as the world.

Yea, I heard it was DX10 card. Who cares about that "55nm Architecture" think about overclock this BOTCH with stock voltage
I wouldn't let this detail go by. Nanometers are a required source for power. The shorter, the more performent and lower power it takes.

lhuser said:
I've seen DX10 games. Thy are a lot more realistic than the DX9 interface, so I know how requiring the game will be. One time, you will need a GPU that will have to handle games that are exactly the same graphics as the world.

I wouldn't let this detail go by. Nanometers are a required source for power. The shorter, the more performent and lower power it takes.
yea, but people seam to get better overclocks with 90um compard to 0.13um. I got 75mhz overclock with Stock cooling on my Video card and the core is 90um. I got about 750mhz overclock with stock cooling on my Celeron D and it was 90um. Now lets see what this video card does with 55um core!!!

True, but the core speeds have increased dramatically in the cores. It's basically the same. You might get lower clocks, but the performence will be more vicious than in bigger cores.

lhuser said:
True, but the core speeds have increased dramatically in the cores. It's basically the same. You might get lower clocks, but the performence will be more vicious than in bigger cores.
its the same on stock yes!. you wont get far @ all. If you where talking about phase cooling with 0c- temps than the overclock would be just BIG

Hmm, It doesnt surprise me. 64 unified shaders are already in the making. 2Ghz memory speed, in the making too. 512-bit external bus. Going to come. That is what the x2800 is going to be.

Back
Top Bottom