Full Tower Case vs. Mid-Tower Case?

Computear

Daemon Poster
Antec 1200 vs Antec 900

As I might upgrade soon in the future, my max specs would be somewhere along the lines of:

Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
790GX MOBO
2x 1TB HDs
DVD/CD COMBO
850W CORSAIR PSU
2x HD 4890s in crossfire (or 1 standalone for 2nd monitor)
8x GB DDR3 RAM (4x 2GB sticks)

and I plan to overclock, but dont plan on liquid cooling

Will I be in a nightmare of fitting, cooling & wire management in the 900 case? (midtower)

Edit: Both towers are in my budget, but its getting down to "do I really need this?"

I have the 900 and it has worked out great for me. The only thing I would be concerned about with the 1200 is making sure that the PSU cables are long enough since the PSU mount is at the bottom. As long as they are, go for the big one and get the two extra fans, what the hell.

I have the 900 and it has worked out great for me. The only thing I would be concerned about with the 1200 is making sure that the PSU cables are long enough since the PSU mount is at the bottom. As long as they are, go for the big one and get the two extra fans, what the hell.

The CORSAIR 850 has long cables, its pretty much designed for Full Tower cases, and since it isnt modular, wire management in a midtower seems like it'd be a hassle.

I think I'll be going 1200, just want some opinions :)

I just got the 1200, it looks big in photos, but trust me, when you get it, you'll be SHOCKED by the size and weight :D
I was Jesus this thing now weighs like 50 pounds :D
Yeah if you're gonna keep it in one spot go for 1200, but if you want SOME mobility and little less weigh go for 900.
Yeah make sure about the wires. Mine reached but the 8-pin and 24-pin cables aren't run through the back, their up front and kinda ugly :)
Go for 1200 if I was you :)

I just got the 1200, it looks big in photos, but trust me, when you get it, you'll be SHOCKED by the size and weight :D
I was Jesus this thing now weighs like 50 pounds :D
Yeah if you're gonna keep it in one spot go for 1200, but if you want SOME mobility and little less weigh go for 900.
Yeah make sure about the wires. Mine reached but the 8-pin and 24-pin cables aren't run through the back, their up front and kinda ugly :)
Go for 1200 if I was you :)

It's not moving, and my desk came with a rolling wood thing that ill be setting tower on, so if i have to move it, it'll be on wheels :D

Going with the 1200 or that LANCOOL thing he mentioned, ordering 90% of my parts as we speak (need to wait for a paypal transaction to clear for the last 10%)

Decided to go with the 1200. Just submitted my order ($1100; ordering GPU + Monitor once a paypal transaction clears, for a grand total of just over $1500, exactly my budget).

Back
Top Bottom