Fried 4 webcams and 6 mics, whatta

mantacore

Beta member
today I fried my 6th mic with this computer, and my 5th webcam is showing symptoms as well...... i build this computer from scratch and it seems to be working about right (well it crashes with kotor2 somehow but thats about it) i replaced my soundcard (the onboard one was never any good) and added 512 ddr ram today. And it just got me thinking, is something wrong with my computer?
My laptop has yet to fry a single microphone or annihalate a webcam. I also checked the voltages, the core among one is running within its limits and so is everything else (at least that what it says)
Does anyone have any theory about whats going on? (for good meassure at least 2 of the mics have never been tortured in any way). Or has anyone had something like this before and know how to fix it? cheers.

Hmmm.. are these webcams and mics of the same brand or of different brands? Give some specifications of your computer.. what kind of power supply do you have running?

Giancarlo said:
Hmmm.. are these webcams and mics of the same brand or of different brands? Give some specifications of your computer.. what kind of power supply do you have running?
let me see, 1 desktop mic, 5 headsets, these are all diffrent brands except for 2 of the headsets wich are identical ones.
The webcams are 3 standalone webcams (can be used without a computer / are cameras) my currect webcam is a logitech express and it is still working but its color realignment is messed up.
My computer contains a K7N2 Delta motherboard with 2 identical 400 mhz ddr 256mb memory chips and a single 512 of the same class (one of the 256 is the main one). A amd burton 3000+ processor (running with a bus of 200, wich makes it run at 2400 mhz). A aereon 5.1 Fun soundcard (wich replaces the onboard one wich wasnt functioning from the start). A radeon 9600 XT 256 running at normal clocking speed with omega drivers. dual harddrive (160+200). DVD player/CD writer and offcourse a regular floppy drive. One of the power outputs is also connected to a fan on the side of the system. This all is connected to A power supply wich also runs about a dozen other systems (it isnt grounded).
The idea of the specific comptuer frying mics and cameras is the fact that ive been using my most recent one exclusively on my laptop, i figured idd give it a shot on my new soundcard and instantly the statis increased to unacceptable levels. I might also add that i made this computer from scratch and that is was the first one (aside from modifieing about 4 others/ partly rebuilding them) i made that way. Also as of yesterday (when i added the memory and soundcard) it seems my system overheats running Kotor II (even though i only installed the game on the very same day).

Now, the fact the power supply isn't grounded may explain some things... the static electricity has to go somewhere.. but I'm kinda confused... you have one power supply for 12 other machines?

Back
Top Bottom