Frequent Lock-ups

aowen416

Daemon Poster
NOTE: Sorry for the double posts, I refreshed the forum a few times and the post wouldn't show up, so I posted again. Sorry!

Lately, I've been suffering frequent lock-ups, and have to restart. I just reformatted and reinstalled Vista, and the problem persists. I've pretty much have been running Firefox exclusively...so I'm unsure what the problem could be. Both my CPU is idling and GPU are idling well below unstable temperatures.

Anyone have any suggestions? I haven't been running any new programs...and I can't see what would cause the lock-ups.....

EDIT:

The lock-ups happen more frequently when iTunes is open.

what does the dump information say?

have you tried looking to see what memory usage is around the time that the lockups occur, it could be there one of the memory modules is bad and this is causing a lockup when there is high memory usage.

How would I go about doing that?

I did a torture test with Prime 95...including memory, and it was stable.

EDIT:

It seems as if the problem only occurs when my network connection is enabled. I disabled it, and iTunes didn't lock up and so far it's been stable. iTunes seems to only lock up when it tries to sync with our Apple TV...and when iTunes isn't open, my computer seems to lock up when I'm surfing- so I think it's network-related.

Computer also crashes when I use utorrent...so definitely network-related. I'm going to reinstall my network card...see if that fixes it.

Suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom