Freezes at gagp30ks.sys on safe mode

jnthn205

Baseband Member
Freezes at gagp30kx.sys on safe mode

Ok this is what happened. I installed a game Goldeneye Source, a half life 2 mod. It worked good and played normal. That night, i restarted my computer and i thought everything shut off, but that morning i could hear the fans going but the screen and keyboard lights and everything was shut off. So i tried clicking and turning the monitor off and on but nothing happened so i pressed the button to restart my computer, but it just froze on the how would you like to start up screen? Well i chose start windows normal, but it just froze on that screen, so i restarted and tried start windows normally. And it went past that, but froze on a black screen and didn't do anything. So i did safe mode and it loaded but stopped at gagp30kx.sys. I dont know what problem is, maybe one of yall do. Thanks for the help.

that gagp30ks.sys doesnt show up on google, put in the hard drive(s) in another computer as slave, and search for the file and delete it. ive searched for gagp30ks.sys on my HDD and it doesnt show up, so it isant anything important. You probs have to get rid of the mod im afraid. But delete the file from the hard drive and try then. back it up first though

and the problem is, i cant even get on the computer o access the hard drive. Thats the thing.

there is no error number...Nothing happens. I start it on safe mode, and it hangs at gagp30kx.sys.

hey ok. I dont know what happened. But i went into setup (pressed del in the beginning) and put it on load fail safe defaults and started windows normally and it is starting up good. Idk what the problem was. Do you think I should leave the settings like this??

Right its a really important file! Its in the driver cache and helps load all drivers. What I would do is one of two things.

1. Get onto HDD as a slave in another computer, copy a new version of gagp30kx.sys and paste it into your HDD.

2. Stick ya XP disc in and reformat...or evan better (because that should be a last resort) - put xp disc in, go into reformatting and repair the existing installation, because if you copy and paste from another computer there could be probs with them not having same drivers for everything etc etc. So i recommend repairing the existing installation might be best bet, you wont lose files then - or settings for that matter!

Ok now its not finding my keyboard/mouse. I have a USB keyboard and a USB mouse. I was using a normal ps2 keyboard to navigate through the menus when it wouldnt start. Anybody got anything for that? lol

Back
Top Bottom