Frame Rate Problem

k0409964

In Runtime
Hi,

I have a really annoying problem, with games recently, most notably CC3 and Test drive unlimited, the game will be playing completely fine really smoothly no problem, then it will suddenly slow right down to just a few FPS for about 30sec - a min, then speed up and be just fine!!!
I have tried turning all the graphics down but to no avail the same problem persists!!

it is so frustrating, cos they run so fine then bam they stop!!

spec as below, can some one please help me!!

thanks

yeah thought that but it will play the game fine for like 5mins very playablee FRs then it will slow down then speed back up again!!

check what background processes are running, peobably something else kicking in every so often.

Also what processor temps, cause on some laptops the processor will slow it self down if it gets to hot.

If nothing else works, try uninstalling the gfx drivers, and then using Driver cleaner pro to clean the old files off the hdd and from the registry and then reinstall the graphic drivers.

CompMan said:
Also what processor temps, cause on some laptops the processor will slow it self down if it gets to hot.
if you enable amd's cool n' quiet the cpu's will go down in speed so they cool down even on desktops but im not sure about intel cpus

erm i am using a pentinum M here and basically depending on ya laptop there may be a setting that if your cpu idles for even a second it downclocks by changing the multiplier to a lower setting , basically you have to turn this feature off for gaming as if your cpu idles for even a second it donwclocks. it also downclocks if things get too hot , kind of why i wouldnt use a laptop for gaming , the way i turned mine off was with some software that came preinstalled on my laptop it shows all crazy stuff like battery usage and current time left on the battery and cpu and ram usage but it all depends on your brand of laptop , this may not even be the cause as your laptop dosent support this feature

Back
Top Bottom