Format problems, please help

Argon

Baseband Member
I have a problem...
Something is wrong with my PC and I'd like to format it, and reinstall XP. I've done this a million times before, boot off the cd, format the desired partition, and install XP on it.

Only this time, when I go to boot off the XP cd, it can't detect my hardware settings. You know how it says "detecting hardware settings" at first, and then goes into the blue screen where it installs temporary files? It says "detecting hardware settings" and then just goes blank.

I have a feeling that this is related to my initial computer problems, possibly a virus or something. My CTRL ALT DELETE isn't working and neither are any MSDOS prompts. How can I format in order to reinstall windows?? / ??
Thanks for your help.

I left it for 30 minutes and it never deviated from the blank screen..

hmm ... sorry i don't know what else you can do but kick it very hard (j/k) .. sorry but i don't know the answer ... thank-you for trying my suggestion though

Should I just copy the fdisk directory onto a floppy and boot from that?
The only thing is that I don't want to format and then still not be able to boot from the XP cd.

you would need to make a boot (floppy) disk then add the fdisk file to that ... yes probally would be better to get the CD working first ... but as i said im unsure on how to fix htat

Back
Top Bottom