Format!

G35x

Golden Master
Feel like a damn idiot posting this, but oh well. I just reformatted my computer, so Windows updated everything, at least I thought it did. Now Im trying to install Office 2007, and it says I need sp2 to install it. I downloaded sp2 from download.com, and then it said."Couldn't find the version" or something like that..And when I tried getting things from MS I just don't know, it has all this other crap..Can someone just link me to a clean and simple download, for the damn Windows sp2 patch..

Why are you downloading SP2 from another site other than MS? Is your XP legit? It should be listed when you use windows update from the start menu. Also for future reference, once you have SP2 you might wanna make a slipstreamed disc for future installations.

You need to try the one from MS' site.

Also, you should be aware that some Lite versions of XP doesn't support the SP2.

See I went to that page, then when I click download, it tells me just to go to automatic updates, and make sure its on..It is on, and I don't see anything downloading??? I checked add/remove, and sp2 is not there..And no I don't have a an illegal version, mine is legal.

also, he said that his computer said something about automatic updates, and yuo cant even use automatic updates untill u get server pack 2, so it has to be on there somewhere, idk where though but this is very werid.

CompMan said:
also, he said that his computer said something about automatic updates, and yuo cant even use automatic updates untill u get server pack 2, so it has to be on there somewhere, idk where though but this is very werid.
Yes thats strange. Have you looked in system properties? Is SP2 listed in there??

Nope it says sp1, but then it shows automatic updates tab..Wtf?

untitledhx2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom