flashed video card.

Tx3kgtman

Baseband Member
just flashed my x800 pro to a x800xt pe and everything went great... but now when i open up video it my computer beeps and restarted"goes thrue everything like saving setting and logging off. so i dont think i have a heat problem. im using water cooling too. it can do it when the screensaver pops up also?

by the word "flash" u mean "switch"? if it keeps shutting down like that i think it might be a virus, not a hardware problem.

abowlofrice said:
by the word "flash" u mean "switch"? if it keeps shutting down like that i think it might be a virus, not a hardware problem.

no he doesn't mean swiched, he means flashed.

Since this happened after he flashed it's definately something to do with the vid card.

Just try to turn the clock speeds down. The only thing I can imagine is that the new bios is stressing the card too much. It probably ain't because of clock speeds, but it could be because of some other change.

abowlofrice said:
wuts flash? i never heard of that word used in computers....

The simple explanation:
U change a bios to another one.

So by "flashed my x800 pro to a x800xt pe" he means that he changed his x800 pro's bios to the one on x800xt pe.

yeah you can flash the newer video cards to say a newer bios like you do with mobos. Your new bios is setting something out of wack if you are running a water cooling then heat probably isn't the issue but that doesn't mean that the video card doesn't "think" its beeing over heated. If all else fails re flash it. I'm flashed cards before but always to scared to do my own.. just like I never over clock my own hardware.

Back
Top Bottom