First computer build

jaysal555

Baseband Member
Hey im new i just started reading on this forum this week. i'm 16 and planning on getttin/building my own computer. as of now im on the family computer and i need my own. im looking for some help with the basic things i need. i have about $1000 to go towards the computer, keyboard, mouse, and speakers. I am not a gamer and dont plan on gettin in to computer gaming. i mostly surf the web, download music for my ipod, and watch car videos which i like to save. so one thing i want is a big hard drive. i also wolud like to burn cd's and dvd's. so if you could help me out with the parts that would be great. i want a nice case with clear sides, somethnig that looks cool and is fast and i could use still in the next few years when i go to college. Any advise would be great. thanks in advanced.

Well, if its just internet browsing you are interested in then you should have no problems getting under 1000.

I suggest looking at a possible laptop solution.

i was thinkin about a laptop too but i would really like a desktop for the power and hard drive space plus the it cost more cuz my parents will by me a monitor for my birthday/christmas when i make up my mind

But a laptop can still b powerful!!! and anyway y do u need immense power if its just surfin and video watching????

laptops?!? desktops are better in anything..

anywho, you should be able to make what you want for way under a $1000.. i think $500-$600 should be fine, and probley less if you do some bargin hunting

Yeah, you can get a decent machine for about $600. I'm pretty happy with my Desknote with cost me about $600 as well. It's the size of a laptop, but uses standard computer parts, and no battery. Look around, I think you can put up to an XP2600 in them, maybe more...

quartz01 said:
laptops?!? desktops are better in anything..

thank you, i hate the keyboards on them (i know you can get a different one) but im just not a fan of laptops.

anyways, any info of what i should get? im thinkin the p4 is good for me cuz i dont really do much gaming besides some gaming once in awhile that i might do since i dont have to share the computer. any reccomendations on a video cards thats suits me? and since its goin to be in my room which i already have surround sound in, im thinkin i'll probably get a 2.1 sound card.

nah go with an athlon 64 bit procesor either a 3000+ or 3200+.

I suggest getting a geforce 5200 FX for a graphics card. And you wont need a sound card, just get an nforce 3 motherboard.

Ok so here is my list. what else do i need?

Case (undecided)
nforce 3 mobo
athlon 64 bit processor (how do i know which to get there so many?)
geforce 5200 fx video card
memeory
80g-120g hard drive
dvd/rw and cd/rw

do i need a sound car dor doe sit come with the motherboard?

Back
Top Bottom