First build, need help

rufio291

Solid State Member
Hello,
I am building a computer for the first time and I really know nothing at all about computers but people on other forums convinced me that if I commit to it that I will be able to figure out how to put it together if I have patience. I have come up with a list of parts with help from another forum and I really don't know anything about the what parts can work together and what can't. I also want to make sure I am not wasting money on something that won't work.

I play Warcraft III and i want to be able to play that, be in ventrilo, and listen to itunes without any problems because I have a real problem with that now. I also want to be able to watch NBA league pass broadband with no problem and play Diablo III easily when it comes out.

Again this is my first build and the only part that I picked out really was the case so any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Ok here it is, let me know if I messed up anywhere, thanks.

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 1pk DSP OEI DVD - Operating Systems

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102775

Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S4P4 600W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 22X DVD-R 16X DVD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners

Newegg.com - XCLIO A380BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

Thank you.

Should work great...at least it should for the money.
Nice everything man, hope it runs great.

Nice build, your completely going all new. I don't see ram up there though.

If you're buying a cooler for the CPU, get an OEM CPU and save $10. Retail ones come with a box manual, case sticker, and heatsink. An OEM one comes protected, but with nothing extra.

If you're buying a cooler for the CPU, get an OEM CPU and save $10. Retail ones come with a box manual, case sticker, and heatsink. An OEM one comes protected, but with nothing extra.

Or if you're like me, spend the extra $10 for that sticker that says Core 2 Duo. :p

Go with the HD 4850 over the GTX, it's a faster card.

Thanks, I've heard that from two people now so I am for sure going to go with that one.

This one is currently out of stock, is there another one that is close to it in price & performance, or do you suggest I wait until that one is back in stock?

Thanks

it doesnt really matter, usually just what brand you like. 4850's run at a higher tempurature. They are also better than the GTX in some games, while sometimes it is the other way around

Back
Top Bottom