First Build - Need Guide

They normally come with the case. The inside of the case has threaded holes where the motherboard mounts. You screw the standoffs into the holes as needed and then you set the motherboard on top of the standoffs and use screws to secure the motherboard to the standoffs.

Here's some pics:
standoff2.jpg

image004.jpg

build_pc_xp2000_case_standoff_pegs.jpg

Thanks a lot, Atomic, the pictures were VERY helpful. Ill be sure to put those in. Too bad my case was shipped from CA, and not TN like the other parts. Should take a day or two longer to arrive. (I live in Michigan). But one more thing, i don't think that guide says anything about installing a hard drive or cd/dvd drives. Are those relatively self explanatory to install?

The first link I gave you shows you how to install all the components. Scroll down the page to where it says: "How To Build A Computer. Step By Step Instructions To Assemble. Skip To Any Assembly Step." Below that are links that show the steps needed to assemble each part.

just remember one thing if u dont remember ne thing else.

GROUND URSELF!!!!

discarge any and all electricity from ur body before even touching any thing!

otehrwise, ur gona build this thing, and its not gona work

just remember one thing if u dont remember ne thing else.

GROUND URSELF!!!!

discarge any and all electricity from ur body before even touching any thing!

otehrwise, ur gona build this thing, and its not gona work

how do u ground ur self? Will the static free gloves help?

touching the side of the case or psu ,or anything metal will ground you,

anti-static wrist bands and gloves are for people like me that dont trust metal to ground you 100%
they not necessary but whats $10 when ur touching a $500 videocard

touching the side of the case or psu ,or anything metal will ground you,

anti-static wrist bands and gloves are for people like me that dont trust metal to ground you 100%
they not necessary but whats $10 when ur touching a $500 videocard

If its not 2 much 2 ask can u provide me with couple good links for fore the gloves? What are better wrist bands or gloves?

Sorry for going off topic.

If its not 2 much 2 ask can u provide me with couple good links for fore the gloves? What are better wrist bands or gloves?

Sorry for going off topic.

It really doesn't matter, they all do their job if you want to be 100% safe when handling components. I think the wrist band would be best as sometimes you will have to handle small things and gloves would make that harder.

I never use a grounding strap anymore. I used to, but it got in the way a lot since I do a lot of moving around grabbing things from all over my computer room. I haven't killed too many components and all the stuff I have killed are all older. You need to if you don't know what you are doing, but I know what to and not to touch and I ground myself by touching the case anyway.

Back
Top Bottom