First Build, how do these parts look?

Go for it! when you have enough money, go for crossfire! and good luck with your build :p
(.)(.)
(^_^)
C((")(") bunny says good luck too :D

Go for it! when you have enough money, go for crossfire! and good luck with your build :p
(.)(.)
(^_^)
C((")(") bunny says good luck too :D

Hey, thanks a lot (And thanks again) :D
Is the Crossfire a processor? I'm not sure if I'd get it if it is, b/c I made sure all of my other hardware was compatible with the Intel processor :p

Crossfire is ATI type of double Graphic card, you should see 2x 2.1 Pci-e slots on your mother board, this allows you to have 2 graphic cards instead of 1, and the purpose is that 1 graphic card will run the negative frames and the other will run the positive, this makes the a graphic card carry a smaller burden in running both negative and positive. Once you have 2 you get much smoother quality, and very respectable frame rates! its usually what gaming computers would have depending on the game's graphics really, but don't worry its not a must have xD. Some or majority of the people prefer single I believe... nvm maybe just personal preference of the gaming community.

P.s to crossfire some mother boards or cards require a cable or a connection between the cards ( Search or look it up) The graphic card must also be the the exactly the same as one another :D.

Crossfire is ATI type of double Graphic card, you should see 2x 2.1 Pci-e slots on your mother board, this allows you to have 2 graphic cards instead of 1, and the purpose is that 1 graphic card will run the negative frames and the other will run the positive, this makes the a graphic card carry a smaller burden in running both negative and positive. Once you have 2 you get much smoother quality, and very respectable frame rates! its usually what gaming computers would have depending on the game's graphics really, but don't worry its not a must have xD. Some or majority of the people prefer single I believe... nvm maybe just personal preference of the gaming community.

P.s to crossfire some mother boards or cards require a cable or a connection between the cards ( Search or look it up) The graphic card must also be the the exactly the same as one another :D.

Oooh, that sounds good.
Hm...It seems that my video card already does support Crossfire. I think I'll wait, though, until my one graphics card becomes insufficient.

There's something else I wanted to ask, but I don't want to start a whole new thread;
I'm using 8 gb of RAM, and I need to decide whether to use a 64 bit OS or a 32 bit OS... any suggestions?

Wait change out the case, thats the old version of the Antec 900. Get the Antec 902 V3, its updated version dont get the old one! I have this one and its awesome, its going to have better cable management.
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case

PSU I highly recommend you the Corsair Pro series, they are modular and have a high quality finish.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 (CMPSU-650HX) 650W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

You need a 64-bit OS to use the 8GB RAM, 32-bit will limit you to about 3.1GB. Everything else looks good!

You most definitely get 32-bit (also known as 86-bit) Its more commonly and widely use. So go for the 32-bit!!! :D

You most definitely get 32-bit (also known as 86-bit) Its more commonly and widely use. So go for the 32-bit!!! :D

Why would he get a 32-bit if hes getting 8GB of RAM? A 32-bit OS wont be able to use all 8GB. He needs 64-bit.

In the consumer world, a 64 bit OS is required for the 8GB of RAM (or more) so NeXuS is correct.

Back
Top Bottom