Few Questions

Jamxx

Fully Optimized
Hey, I have a few questions since I've reinstalled Windows.

1) How can I check on the temperatures of Raptors running in RAID 0? They don't show up in Speedfan, and I can't find any way of getting a temperature readout on them. I know they must have sensors on them!

2) There's this little pop-up from my NVIDIA drivers that comes up when my computer starts, saying something about SLi Multi-GPU being disabled. Well, duh, of course it is, I don't have an SLi board. How can I turn this off, or has anyone had any experience with the new 91.xx drivers? They can be downloaded at http://www.guru3d.com if you would like them.

3) Umm... I forgot. :D

Thanks!

wow dude! dual raptors!?!? thats hella crazy. is it fast? i bet it is. but jeez. and thats a nice setup u have there in ur sig. frikkin awesome!

1) Are you sure they have temperature sensors? You could buy 2 sensors I guess and tape them to the tops of the drives where the most heat would emit.

2) As for that pop-up, check in your BIOS, but you'd think if it wasn't an SLI board, it wouldn't have an option for this :p

Maybe video card settings somewhere?

3) Remember (easiest answer of the lot :D)

Thanks Badninja3 ;). I've worked hard on it. And yes, the Raptors are fast! My computer boots to the desktop in around 19 seconds, and after Outlook, Speedfan, AIM, Virus Protection, and etcetera load, it is right at 44 seconds! Pretty fast, eh?

Kage, the Raptors do have temperature sensors, I just checked on another forum and more than just one or two people have readouts from their Raptor (though none were set up in RAID...). I don't think the pop-up is in the BIOS because it just started happening with the new drivers, but I might check. You know, my board has a PCI-Express x 4 slot, which can be used as a graphics card slot if need be, in case the x 16 goes out... But they can't be used in SLi. Hmm... maybe that has something to do with it.

Jamxx said:
Thanks Badninja3 ;). I've worked hard on it. And yes, the Raptors are fast! My computer boots to the desktop in around 19 seconds, and after Outlook, Speedfan, AIM, Virus Protection, and etcetera load, it is right at 44 seconds! Pretty fast, eh?
jeez. after 19 seconds, my pc is still posting. lol.

19 seconds isn't too bad, but my 7200RPM drive can boot up at the same speed as that :p

I have less running in the background though since I've timed stuff to start at specific seconds after loading windows to speed loading up.

Like gaps of about 5 seconds, which definietly speeds loading up.

Kage said:
19 seconds isn't too bad, but my 7200RPM drive can boot up at the same speed as that :p

I have less running in the background though since I've timed stuff to start at specific seconds after loading windows to speed loading up.

wow, thats a good idea.

Kage said:

not to highjack this thread or anything, but how do you do that?

EDIT: and Jamxx i would be really interested in knowing if you manage to work out how to monitor the temps of your raptors as I too have two of them running in RAID 0. I have Motherboard monitor and its showing me a temp for a SMART HD but i dont know where this is coming from. i presume it might be one of the raptors. and damn they are fast. I reinstalled windows in about 10 - 15mins

Back
Top Bottom