Few PC-HDTV questions

budmelch

Beta member
I have a samsung dlp that has a vga input for pc (as well as the hdmi inputs).

In the tv manual its states that the hdmi port does not support pc connection. However, I bought a dvi-hdmi cord and it does work. Am I doing damage to the tv by using this connection steup?

Also I am having a hell of a time getting my resolutions straightened out and getting the desktop to fill the entire tv screen. When I use 1280x720 the desktop is too large. If I use something other than 720 am I doing damage to my tv? (since I have a 720p tv). I have an nvidea geforce 6600gt. I have played around with all the options and no luck!!!

Even when I connect the pc-tv with a vga cable I am having no luck with the resolution/filling the tv screen issue!!

Any advice on which setup to use and how to fix the resolution issue?

no you will not damage it. unless you class screen burn as damaging?

the reason it says does not support pc is because of the problems you are experiencing your your resoltuoin. basically it wasnt designed to display the stuff like on a computer. where as your VGA port would be designed for that purpose and you will find it much simplier to use.

is HD really necessary?

no you will not damage it. unless you class screen burn as damaging?

the reason it says does not support pc is because of the problems you are experiencing your your resoltuoin. basically it wasnt designed to display the stuff like on a computer. where as your VGA port would be designed for that purpose and you will find it much simplier to use.

is HD really necessary?

No the dvi-hd connection isn't necessary in terms of getting a better quality picture.

It is more friendly in terms of getting a somewhat decent resolution and filling the tv screen.

With the vga connection I only have 3 options for resolution, none of which are pleasing to the eye.

Back
Top Bottom